One of the reasons WordPress is so popular is the sheer amount of premium WordPress themes available for almost any niche imaginable. Whether you need a small business website or a personal blog, you’re bound to find a premium WordPress theme that suits your needs.
Even though there are plenty of great premium WordPress themes designed with specific industries in mind, there are also professional multipurpose themes that can be used for any type of website. These are some of the most popular WordPress themes precisely because of their versatility.
Where to Find the Most Popular WordPress Themes (2020)
You can find a great selection of Premium WordPress themes on ThemeForest, with the trending best-sellers topping our weekly charts in 2020:
Now let’s go beyond the last week of trending best WordPress themes (and WordPress hosting options), and take a look at what WordPress themes are the most-popular and most-used this year:
Best Premium WordPress Themes (Top 25 For 2020)
In this curated selection, we feature over 20 of the most popular Premium WordPress themes that meet all of the above criteria and continually top the charts on ThemeForest.
These versatile best WordPress themes offer a robust set of features and stylish designs for making great sites. All of these premium WordPress themes have been freshly updated for 2020. They are the most professional and best WordPress themes you can use.
1. Avada – The Best Premium WordPress Theme (Of All Time)
The Avada theme has long dominated the number one spot on ThemeForest, and it’s the most popular theme with good reason. It offers plenty of customization options, demo layouts for a variety of niches, as well as the Fusion Builder to create a unique layout. All of this, along with a consistent 5-star rating and great user reviews like:
“Amazing theme, very flexible, fun to work with. I hate web design and Avada actually makes it exciting again!!”
It’s easy to see why Avada continues to dominate in sales. This Premium WordPress theme is still the most popular in 2020. Use the professional Avada WP theme to make a unique WordPress website with a stylish design quickly.
2. Enfold – Beautiful Premium WP Theme (Updated for 2020)
The latest version of Enfold (for 2020) includes over 100 page layouts and a new layout editor that lets you preview the changes in real time as you’re designing the layout of your page. You can modify styling, colors, and fonts directly from within the backend. Some of the main features include:
- Ajax Instant Search
- WooCommerce Bookings Support
- Mailchimp Newsletter Integration
- Advanced Typography Options
- Extensive documentation
The theme has also been optimized for SEO, as well as video support, and features a clean and responsive design.
3. Be Theme – Top Professional WordPress Theme for 2020
Consider using the Be Theme if you can’t find a suitable theme for your niche. This best WordPress theme offers more than 200 pre-built demos that cater to almost any niche imaginable. It also has the option to add Envato Hosted, our premium managed WordPress hosting solution.
Make sure you use one of the most professional and best WordPress themes to make your site with. It’s loaded with customization options to take your site to the next level. Not only can you customize and create your own layouts from scratch, you also get complete control over colors, fonts, header styles, and more.
4. The7 – Customizable and Easy-To-Use Premium WP Theme
The7 WordPress template offers seamless integration with Visual Composer and Revolution Slider, making it very easy to create elegant layouts and add extra visual appeal with stunning slideshows.
The best part about this theme is the ability to mix and match different layouts to create a unique website ready to wow your customers in 2020. Grab this theme and launch your new WordPress site quickly.
5. X Theme – Premium WP Theme With Multiple Design Stacks
The X Theme offers four unique “stacks” which are different designs, each of them featuring at least 10 unique demo layouts. Pair that with endless customization options and you can rest assured your site will never look the same as someone else’s.
The X Theme also boasts numerous integrations with plugins like Layer Slider, ACF Pro, Woo Checkout Editor, and many more. It’s also been fully updated for 2020.
6. Jupiter – Fast and Responsive Premium WordPress Theme
Consider the Jupiter WP theme if you want a website that loads fast. The theme has been designed with special attention to page loading times in 2020 and it also allows you to save the history of your edits. However, all its features are not the only reason why Jupiter is so popular:
“Just can’t say enough good things about support for this theme. The theme itself is one of the best available, but the support makes it #1!”
With flexible customization options and quality support, you can’t go wrong if you choose this theme for your website. This is one of the best WordPress themes available on ThemeForest.
7. The Gem – Versatile WordPress Theme (Updated for 2020)
The Gem is a modern and versatile WordPress template that can be used for business or corporate websites, as well as for portfolio and agency websites. The theme comes packed with over 150 pre-made pages and more than 250 different styles to choose from. Key features include:
- Parallax & video backgrounds
- Smooth scroll and elegant animations
- SEO / Search Engines Optimized, compatible with SEO plugins
- WooCommerce full design integration for online shops
- WPML optimized for translations
Grab this theme and make a unique website with a great design quickly.
8. TheArk – Fresh for 2020 Premium WordPress Template
TheArk is a newcomer on the marketplace but it’s already making a big impact and climbing the popularity ladder in 2020. The WP theme features a fresh and modern design with its own page builder and integration with popular plugins such as:
- Revolution Slider,
- MailChimp, and others.
You’ll find a huge selection of different layouts and almost infinite customization options that let you fine tune every aspect of your website.
9. Infinite – Advanced MultiConcept WordPress Theme for 2020
This best WordPress theme, Infinite, allows you to choose how you want to see the changes you’re making to your design with three different preview modes: live, preview, and block. This is one of the most professional WordPress themes to build your site with.
There’s an option to assign different background wrappers and custom skin color for a specific item wrapper. On top of 20 high-quality demos, different navigation, and header styles, this theme is perfect for anyone who likes to have full control over their site’s design.
10. Fevr – Popular WordPress Theme For Creatives in 2020
The Fevr WP template has an elegant design that’s perfect for creative agencies, photographers, or freelancers who want to showcase their portfolio and past projects. It also integrates with bbPress so you can build a community around your site or simply offer a support forum for your clients.
11. Stockholm – A Genuinely Multi-Concept Theme
Stockholm has been around on ThemeForest since 2014, and since then it has generated over 24,300 downloads as well as over 1,200 highly positive comments. Stockholm currently has a 4.71/5 quite impressive star rating. Just about everyone who has purchased this premium theme loves it. Check out these raving reviews:
“I’ve used this theme on several projects now, and keep going back to it because of the ability to set up a site and style it quickly. The Theme Options are extensive, which I like. Also customer support is good.”
“This theme is great you can build any kind of websites and support is great!! I’m here themeforest for many years, its hard to find a real developer team, but this is the one of best themes!”
12. Roneous – Modular Modern WordPress Theme for 2020
The Roneous theme boasts a pixel-perfect design with 30+ design styles and a number of demo layouts. They range from corporate and agency to blog and coming soon pages. The theme can be easily customized quickly. It allows you to take your site to the next level in 2020 with video and parallax support.
13. Flatsome – Flat Business and Shop Theme (Update 2020)
The Flatsome professional eCommerce WordPress theme is a perfect choice for a business website or an online store. It’s optimized for fast loading times and search engines and with features like live page builder, built-in AJAX search, portfolio, and product features. This premium WordPress is designed to help you attract more clients online and sell more of your products through your store.
14. Salient – Stunning Multipurpose Premium WP Theme
Salient comes with more than 150 demos that can be imported with one click. It also includes multiple sliders, and elegant page transitions, along with an off-canvas menu.
This is one of the best WordPress themes that you can purchase. It can be used for corporate websites but also for personal blogs and eCommerce stores. A standout feature is the ability for your users to love any of your pages or posts—which you can use to create more, similar content.
Grab this popular theme that’s been updated for 2020.
15. Total – Drag & Drop Premium WP Theme (Updated 2020)
Total’s main selling point is the ability to drag-and-drop elements into place to design your website. It’s quick to work with. The theme is powered by Visual Composer and includes a plethora of customization options and a variety of demos. You can also take advantage of bbPress integration to build a community on your site.
The theme is fully responsive and optimized for SEO in 2020.
16. Oshine – Top Flexible Premium Theme for WordPress
Oshine is a flexible WordPress theme with 27 unique demos that has been rated as one of the best portfolio and photography themes for 2020. This most popular theme comes with a fully visual page builder, pre-built concept sections, and a live text editor. On top of that, it integrates with many popular WordPress plugins such as Revolution Slider, WPML, and more.
17. Soledad – Clean Premium Blog and Magazine WP Theme
If you’re on the lookout for a versatile blog or magazine WP theme give Soledad a try. It’s one of the most used and highest rate WordPress themes on ThemeForest.
The theme comes with a clean design that lets you display as many stories as possible without cluttering your pages. It also includes a recipe custom post type plugin, as well as a review plugin, and different article layouts for ultimate flexibility.
18. Brooklyn – Parallax WordPress Popular Theme for 2020
Try the Brooklyn WordPress theme if you’re a fan of a modern parallax design. The theme has a strong focus on creative layouts and can be used by photographers, freelance designers, or creative agencies in 2020. Aside from numerous customization options, the theme includes easy portfolio and pricing table management, and WPML integration.
19. Porto – Premium WordPress (eCommerce) Theme for 2020
Porto is a responsive WordPress theme that is extremely customizable, easy to use, and suitable for every type of business, portfolio, blog, and ecommerce site.
The theme includes 30 homepage layouts and skins as well as complete integration with social media and SEO optimization. It’s quick to customize and is packed with the features you need to make a great site in 2020.
20. Bridge – Best-Selling Creative Theme for WordPress (2020)
The Bridge is another one of the highest-rated WordPress themes. It is also a best seller in the creative category, with demos built for a variety of small businesses and creative agencies.
This pro WP theme offers plenty of portfolio styling options, different blog layouts, video support, and interactive elements like charts, graphs, progress bars, and more.
21. Uncode – Multiuse Professional Top WordPress Theme
What sets the Uncode WordPress template apart is the Content Block feature that allows you to create reusable page elements that you can use throughout your entire site. Other key features include:
- SEO Optimised
- Beautiful Media Galleries
- WPML Ready
- Social Networks Integration
Grab this beautiful best premium WordPress theme to make a unique website with.
22. Impreza – Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme
This multi-purpose best WordPress theme has an impressive number of page designs and theme options for a very affordable price. Any type of project or any business that you are building can benefit from this powerhouse of a theme. The flexibility, comprehensive features and ease of use put this theme in a league of its own.
Here are a few of this themes notable features:
- 1-click demo installer
- visual drag and drop builder
- 220+ pre-made web page designs
- 300+ powerful theme options
- optimized for speed and SEO
23. Ave – Responsive Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme
The team over at Ave has put in 3 years of design and development to bring you one of the best multi-purpose WordPress themes on the market. You can find 200+ pre-built templates, an intuitive visual editor, and fast loading pages with this theme.
Whatever website you need to create, Ave can handle it. A dedicated support team is just an email away if you ever encounter any issues with the theme.
Download the highest rated theme on ThemeForest today!
24. BeTheme – Responsive Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme
You can expect a ton of great core features with BeTheme’s multi-purpose theme including a powerful admin panel, built-in mega menus, parallax effects, video backgrounds, and much more.
Betheme gives you unlimited possibilities with its advanced theme options panel and its custom muffin builder tool. Be sure to check out the 500+ thematic websites that the creators made so you can see for yourself, just how versatile and powerful this theme is.
25. Ekko – Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme with Page Builder
Ekko offers an exciting and stylish design that is sure to come across to your audience as modern and professional. This theme includes the ever-popular WPBakery to handle your page building needs. Using themes is all about saving time and money and this theme will provide you with a high-quality website that your users will love.
View the live preview of this them to see if it is a good fit for your project.
What Makes Premium Multipurpose WordPress Themes So Great?
There are several reasons why a versatile WordPress theme is a top choice for your website:
- Use It When You Can’t Find a Theme for Your Industry – In some cases, your niche may be so specific that there aren’t many websites like yours, which results in there being no themes available. Multipurpose themes fill that void with the versatility of their layouts and customization options
- Consider a Multipurpose Theme if You Can’t Find a Design You Like – Similar to the above, if you can’t find a design that matches your aesthetic, use multipurpose premium WordPress themes to design the site exactly the way you like it.
- Premium Versatile WP Themes Often Include Easy Site Building Tools – With page builders and tons of pre-made demos, you can mix and match to achieve a unique look for your site quickly. They can also be customized completely from fonts to colors; icons to sliders for added visual appeal.
- Optimized for Fast Loading Times and SEO – Given that they can be used for many different purposes, special attention has been given to page loading times and SEO. This means that regardless of the demo you choose, your site will rank better and load faster.
It’s important to use one of the best WordPress themes available on ThemeForest to make your site with, so you know that you will be presenting a professional website to your audience.
How to Make Your Premium WordPress Theme Stand Out
The most popular and best premium WordPress themes come with a number of different layouts that are suitable for various niches. But, the best thing about these popular WP themes is the fact that you can customize any of the layouts and rearrange them to achieve a unique look.
Here are a few more tips to make your theme stand out better:
- Use Your Brand’s Colors and Design Elements – A great way to make your website stand out is to use your brand’s colors or distinctive patterns for backgrounds. No two brands are alike, so incorporating brand elements build brand recognition and sets you apart.
- Mix and Match Elements From Different Layouts – Some multipurpose themes like The7 allow you to use layout sections from different demo layouts. Use it to your advantage to add visual appeal and a dose of uniqueness to your site.
- Opt for a Video Background – Many websites nowadays use a slider or a parallax background. However, if you use a video background like in the Bridge theme, you’ll make your site appear more interactive and catch the attention of your visitors. Make the video work for your brand by using your products or to showcase your employees.
- Experiment With the Page Builder – Even though you can import a pre-made layout, don’t be afraid to use the page builder and let your creativity run wild. It will add a touch of your personality and give you the opportunity to arrange sections how you want them to appear.
Discover More Best-Selling Premium WordPress Templates for 2020
While the best WordPress themes WordPress templates mentioned above are some of the best available for 2020, they may not fit your particular needs. Also, remember to check out some of the weekly best-selling premium WordPress themes available for sale on ThemeForest.
If none of the above most popular WordPress themes seem to work for your current project or you need even more themes, then be sure to browse through our other Tuts+ articles that outline even more high-quality WordPress themes:
WordPress Themes20 Best Cheap WordPress Themes (Quality Budget Website Designs for 2020)
WordPress Themes20 Most Versatile Multipurpose WordPress Themes (Ready-Made for 2020)
WordPress Themes20 Best Page Builder (Visual Composer) WordPress Themes to Make Sites Quickly
Use a Premium WordPress Theme (To Make Your Site in 2020)
Starting your website or simply giving it a fresh look has never been easier thanks to a plethora of the best and most popular WordPress themes that can be used for a variety of niches.
Use this post to browse through the top 20+ most popular WordPress themes to find the best one for your site. Or, take a look at our ThemeForest marketplace to find even more premium and popular themes that will take your site to the next level in 2020.
Also, if you’re on a budget, you can still get a premium WordPress theme design with one of our free WordPress themes.
Editorial Note: Our staff updates this post regularly—adding the most popular WordPress themes with the best, trending template designs.
Go to Source
Author: Brenda Barron